The place was good it has a beach and pool. The room was also spacious. And the price was right. The reason why I cannot recommend this to my friends because of how customer service cannot handle request on a timely manner. We arrived around 3:00 PM which was an hour after check in time but our room was not ready by then, it took them an hour before our room became available. I ordered hot choco via room service and after an hour I followed up on my order just to know they forgot about it. Overall the place was great, the price was right, staffs were friendly and accomodating it's just that maybe they lack people or time management.
Good value for money, convenient location, good facilities. Rooms are clean but bathrooms needs updating.
“the room is too dark and has a creepy vibe”
the room fet creepy, but it's ok otherwise
“Good value for money”
Needs to upgrade room facilities.
“Love found in paradise!”
I met my wife here 7 years ago. We were married here 4 years ago. This is our favorite home away from home in Davao!
“not bad but far from action ”
no activities at all , far from action overall good for relaxing
Great service. Great food. Great atmosphere. Great stay.
“Poor Customer Service”
We stayed at Waterfront Insular Davao last December 9-10, 2016 (Overnight) to relax and celebrate my Birthday. I was really disappointed with the hotel receptionist. The supposed check in time was 2:00pm. We arrived at around 12:30pm. I was asked to wait while they were preparing the room (Deluxe Premium-Pool View). I waited for 30 minutes, the room was still not prepared. I asked the receptionist if we can take our lunch first while they were preparing the room. The girl receptionist commited that when we return from lunch, the room will be ready for us. When we returned, the room is still not available. We waited for 1 hour. I saw all receptionists cramming because more guests were on queue waiting for the room to be available, not only us. When I raised my voice and complained about the poor service, I just don't know what happened, the room key was provided.
On the amenities, Beach fronting the Samal Island is a good way to relax but you cannot swim. The shoreline is very dirty, not maintained. You can see garbages around. The swiiming pool is 10 feet deep. If you are not a good swimmer, never mind on this amenity. The pool water is itchy to the Skin.
The buffet breakfast was perfect. The room is quite old but still good. Water flow in the bathroom was miserable. When I was in the bathtub, the water on the faucet stopped flowing. Good thing when we called the frontdesk, temporary solution was made. I was advised by the technician that there was leak and needs to be fixed permanently.
Overall, this Hotel is only suitable for Big Company Conventions or Seminars. If you wish to find a Hotel to Relax and enjoy the Amenities as couple or family, nevermind. There are still other options out there.
“The rooms were moldy and musty. It was old and decrepit. Poor F&B service and food quality.”
1.We had to request for a room transfer as the room (supposedly one of the newer rooms) was very musty. We could hardly breathe. Our allergies started acting up as the air was heavy, moldy, musty. It was oppressive.
2. The beds were lumpy and every time we moved it would creak and bump into the headboard.
3. The screen door to the balcony fell on us, light bulbs were missing, and amenities were incomplete (i.e. there was shampoo but no soap; they lacked one pair of slippers).
4. The electrical wiring of the lights were odd, such that you had to turn on the hallway lights for the bathroom lights to turn on which made it inconvenient for those sleeping as the hallway light was quite bright.
5. For breakfast, our family (of 3) ordered eggs, bacon/ham, toast, rice. Our order came 50 min after and it was served cold!!! This was when there were only a handful of guests in the dining area.
6.It took us almost an hour just to check in. They need to review their system as it was very inefficient. Imagine, a front desk officer cutting coupons laboriously, while a long line of guests were waiting to be checked in under the heat of an non-ariconditioned lobby. The process took too long. They were apologetic after but we've already suffered the inconvenience.
7. The staff was very accommodating and helpful but I think they could only do so much when the rooms need to be badly re-furbished.
8. They do not deserve the 4 to 4.5 star rating given the overall condition of the rooms and F&B quality and service. I will not recommend staying in this hotel.